Laurel Bridge - Waypoint
The Waypoint Consolidated Modality Worklist facilitates the integration of an enterprise’s information and imaging systems. Waypoint unifies previously disparate imaging department workflows without disrupting them. It consolidates multiple existing modality worklists and HL7 exam order feeds from any number of Hospital and Radiology Information Systems across a merged health system, into a single enterprise modality worklist. As part of our complete image data orchestration solution set, Waypoint enhances the capabilities of our existing enterprise routing and image fetching workflow tools, Compass and Navigator. It provides patient demographic information on demand to modalities and other imaging applications, eliminating manual order data entry and thereby enhancing clinical data integrity.
Enterprise Workflow Benefits
- By managing long lead-time orders, Waypoint enables women’s imaging facilities to improve clinical quality and staff productivity by ensuring relevant prior studies are available to the radiologist, even when exams are scheduled 12-24 months in advance.
- Automatically and accurately associates images acquired at the point-of-care (POC) with the patient’s record by adding the demographic information from the scheduled encounter found in Waypoint.
- Consolidates multiple existing modality worklists (MWL) and HL7 exam order feeds from any number of Hospital/Radiology Information Systems (HIS/RIS/PACS) across a merged health system, into a single enterprise modality worklist.
- Helps to maintain the integrity of the PACS database by providing correct, order-based demographic data to acquisition devices.
Enterprise Imaging Capabilities
- Receives and tracks from multiple sources (HIS/RIS/PACS)
- DICOM, HL7, and DICOMweb orders
- encounters and appointments
- any schedule updates or order status changes
- Implements workflow management services using standards-based communication
- DICOM Modality Worklist (MWL)
- Modality Performed Procedure Step (MPPS)
- Universal Procedure Step (UPS)
- Supports stand-alone deployment or integration with
- the Laurel Bridge Compass router,
- the Laurel Bridge Navigator prior exam fetching solution, or
- other imaging workflow applications.